Sunday, December 28, 2008

Where to Start?

The past month hasn't seen a whole heck of a lot get done on the house. I did manage to finally install the towel bars and the medicine cabinet in the lower bathroom and I got the carpet squares installed in the crafts room upstairs. The floor covering in the crafts room is an awesome thing for me and I'm thrilled that room is finally a place I can do something in. My next goal for this room is to find some cheap base and wall cupboards (about 8 ft. of each) to install on the south wall. This will give me much needed additional storage for all of my crafting stuff. The closet off of the room is good, but I have piles of scrabooking paper that would benefit from bins that they could stand up in and be placed in a cupboard to keep from getting dust covered.

I'm still smarting over the loss of a $9.99 solid oak library table I missed at Goodwill. It measured about 6'x3' and was very old and in good shape. Someone snatched it up because they were the early bird. It would have been perfect for the room and had a great overhang on all four sides which would have made it optimal for chairs and people to sit at. Oh well, if one came through, another will, I just need to make sure I get there when they open at least twice a week. That does seem to be when the best bargains appear.

The weather has been bizarre. yesterday it was about 60 degrees. It was so balmy we wore nothing but T-shirts, then the 50 mph winds showed up, a dead old tree on my back fence broke a limb and it's now perched and will need to be cut. When it gets warm I'll take out the sawzall and get to work. It's now in the 30's outside and the wind has finally let up after a solid 12 hours of assault.

It feels great to be back online!

No comments:

Post a Comment